Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Life.....goes on.


The end of 2017 brought immeasurable heartache to my family.  My life felt as if I was spiraling out of control with little hope of righting myself.  My daughter, Aimee, has been my most ardent cheerleader and along with her I will be back on track again with new purpose.  To reinvent myself and get back again into enjoying my ability to create artful things again.  The loss of my Dave to a sudden heart attack in November left our little family reeling and we are slowly regaining our footing.  Aimee has encouraged me to again get back to what will make the minutes and hours fly by.  

First will be to look at some of my out-of-print designs and rework, reinvent and update the overall look of my designs.

First on the list in the 1985 Cinderella. 



The new version will have an updated computer generated color graphs and a bit of added dimension which will give it a more modern look.  I was surprised to see that I had done this draft for the new Cinderella in 2010. 


This little befeathered horse can be stitched facing right or left.    I can’t decide which direction I like best.  Which direction would indicate “going to” or “leaving the ball”?  
     




I have a great need to move forward with the challenge of turning “we” into “me” as my new normal.
The Fairy Tale doesn’t always end the way you think it will.  

Happy Smocking!  


5 comments:

Leland S. said...

Love this new version! I have the old one and loved it also. I am sorry to hear about your husband and will keep your family in my prayers.

MegSmocks said...

Gwen, Your whole life changed in an instance. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and best friend. You will be in my prayers. I love both of your Cinderella designs. Your original design is in my UFO pile... I need to pull it out and finish it. I am looking forward to being able to stitch your new design as well. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

lynnigirl said...

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. I love your Cinderella designs. Not being familiar with your blog I wanted to know where I could purchase both Cinderella designs. You are an extraordinary artist.

Martha N said...

Gwen, you are in my prayers. I have loved your designs since my 32 year old was a baby!! I have a dear student who wants your new Cinderella desperately. Will you let us know when it’s available? Wishing you all the best

SSweets52 said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my mother and it has really been hard. I think the only thing that could compare or be worse would be losing my husband or one of my children. My prayers will be with you.
Do you plan to do Peter Cottontail again? I have a grand baby coming and would love to smock it for him.
Thanks for sharing your awesome talent!
Sandy